JPS Solutions helped design public charter schools, including schools in high-need communities and schools that serve special student populations. We wrote the initial charter school applications for several successful charter schools including a charter school that enrolls exclusively students with autism and other severe developmental disorders and a CTE High School program partnered with a billion dollar airport renovation program. We also helped to design two “last chance” transfer high schools for over-aged, under-credited high school students.
If you or your organization are interested in developing a charter school, we can help. We’ll work with you to
- Build your Charter School Development Team and recruit an effective Founding Board of Trustees
- If your state has more than one charter school authorizer, analyze them to determine which one is most appropriate for your proposed charter school
- Engage in research and planning to design your school
- Align your charter school model with ESSA and state learning standards, your state’s Education and Not-for-Profit Laws and the requirements of your charter authorizer
- Help make decisions about the charter application and authorization process
- Establish partnerships as needed to help fulfill your charter school mission and program
- Write your charter application supporting materials
- Develop your charter school’s By-laws, Code of Ethics, Discipline Policy (including, if you like, Positive Behavioral Intervention Strategies and Restorative Justice practices), Personnel policies and related documents
- Develop your charter school’s budget and financial management policies
- Advise you regarding public and community outreach and your public communications plan
- Communicate on your behalf with the authorizer of your proposed charter school
- Prepare for your Capacity Interview with your proposed authorizer, including Mock Interviews with Feedback
- Once approved, facilitate pre-opening planning. We can help you establish policies, practices and procedures to ensure the successful launch and operation of your charter school.