JPS Solutions helps our clients identify needs and gaps, and we help clients shape and execute plans that achieve results. We provide advice, counsel and support in a wide range or areas including: (Click on each area to learn more)
Improving Programs and Outcomes
We can help you improve your programs and initiatives increase student achievement and growth.
- We can conduct needs assessments and help you pinpoint specific areas in which you build on strengths and address weaknesses. We developed a process of auditing school programing, assessing needs and providing custom-tailored support to address the identified needs. JPS Solutions has worked with more than 30 school districts and charter schools to review current programs, facilitate strategic planning and implement school improvement plans. With the support of a $3 million federal grant, we established a “Needs Assessment and Solution” process that identifies needs and determines specific strategies to address them.
- We can help you build an effective, results-oriented data culture. Data is the key to school and program improvement. Effective collection, analysis and use of data are critical when schools, districts and organizations are seeking to improve outcomes for students, children and youths. We believe that every person in a school or organization should be committed and prepared to use data well, and we can help you build an effective and permanent “data culture.”
We can help you:
- Collect student data. We’ll work with you to develop and implement age-appropriate, grade-appropriate and highly effective ways to acquire a variety of academic and social/emotional data that will enable you to improve and personalize instruction.
- Analyze student data. We’ll help you select data management systems and establish Professional Learning Communities to scrutinize student data and identify student, classroom and school-wide trends and needs.
- Use student data to inform and improve instruction. We’ll work with you to better integrate data analysis into instruction, professional development and school-wide/district-wide planning to ensure that all performance gaps and student needs are addressed
- We can help you create effective teacher, school leader and School Board evaluation and improvement strategies. We’ve helped schools create and improve evaluation systems for teachers, Principals and Board members using fair and comprehensive practices that include input from a variety of stakeholders. We’ll work with you to incorporate use of the Danielson Framework for Teaching, the Marzano Teacher Evaluation Method, the Vanderbilt Assessment of Leadership in Education (VAL-Ed) and other evaluation methods into your school’s evaluation systems and professional development programs.
- We can help you recruit and support highly-effective teachers and staff. We’ll work with you to:
- Identify short-term and long-range teacher and staff recruitment needs and targets
- Recruit and select the best candidates
- Diversify your staff
- Establish a “pipeline” of qualified candidates for new or open staff positions
- Design teacher orientation, professional development and career ladder/career lattice programs to help you keep and reward your best teachers and staff.
In addition, we can help you review and amend your personnel and compensation policies to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and to help you retain your best teachers.
Helping Boards Drive Improvement
We’ve worked effectively with Boards not only as advisors and trainers, but also as members. We’ve designed Board policies and facilitated Board orientation and training for schools, school districts and nonprofit organizations. Our team also has first-hand experience serving on school boards and nonprofit boards.
- JPS partner Art Pritchard has more than 20 years of service on school boards, including being President of the Rhinebeck (NY) Central School District and the Hyde Park (NY) Central School District and Vice President of the Dutchess County (NY) BOCES Board of Education. He is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of the Imagine Me Leadership Charter School in Brooklyn, NY.
- JPS partner Frank San Felice was a founding Board member at the New York Center for Autism Charter School in NYC and at New Dawn Charter High School in Brooklyn NY.
We’ll work with you to:
- Facilitate strategic planning to clarify goals and improve Board decision-making
- Build board capacity through customized training and technical assistance
- Develop policy-driven governance practices
- Conduct effective Board meetings
- Establish high-functioning Board committees
- Evaluate and support senior staff
- Engage in meaningful self-evaluation and Board improvement
- Recruit new Board members and plan for succession
Helping School and Programs Grow
We’ve helped schools, school districts and nonprofit organizations raise millions of dollars in competitive and entitlement grants and other government funding. We wrote successful grant applications that supported comprehensive school improvement initiatives, after-school programs, safe schools and anti-bullying programs, mentoring and counseling programs, instructional technology, literacy programs, physical education and fitness and acquisition and expansion of school facilities.
We’ll work with you to:
- Assess your school or organization’s readiness to apply successfully for grants.
- Research specific grant opportunities
- Design programs and develop partnerships to improve your chances of winning grants
- Analyze Requests for Proposals to determine your best strategies for addressing requirements and selection criteria
- Write grant proposals, budgets, evaluation plans, partnership agreements and other documents to help your win grants
- Review and edit your grant proposals
- Complete entitlement grant applications and maximize entitlement funding
- Engage in school-wide planning to increase flexibility in spending Title I fundss
- Create and implement short-term and long-term grant development strategies
Finding and Capitalizing on New Opportunities
The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and other new political realities are changing the nation’s legislative, regulatory and fundraising landscape. We are monitoring the implementation and roll-out of ESSA at the federal and state levels. As new opportunities develop, we will advise clients and others about how ESSA funding and programs can help them improve teaching and learning in their schools and organizations. We are monitoring the implementation and roll-out of ESSA at the federal and state levels. As new opportunities develop, we will advise clients and others about how ESSA funding and programs can help them improve teaching and learning in their schools and organizations.